These rules supplement the general SRCC range rules:
1. The archery range may only be used if booked through the SRCC online booking system;
2. Only access the range from the south gate (i.e., near the buildings);
3. Inspect your equipment prior to advancing to the firing line;
4. Protective gear must be put on prior to shooting. Forearm and finger protection must be worn. Eye protection is recommended. Ear protection is strongly recommended due to the risk of being exposed to loud noise if firearms shooters are using the range or arrive after one gets to the archery bay and then start using the range;
5. Only targets provided by the club may be used on the archery range. Shooters may pin their own paper targets to club targets;
6. When more than one person is using the range, designate one person as the Range Safety Officer;
7. The Range Safety Officer must issue the following commands to ensure safe shooting:
- RANGE IS HOT – shooters advance to, and STRADDLE, the shooting line. Shooters may knock arrows.
- COMMENCE FIRING – begins the set and shooters may release arrows.
- STOP SHOOTING – ends the set when all shooters have released their arrows or have otherwise finished shooting.
- RANGE IS CLEAR – shooters may move forward to score targets and collect arrows.
8. Any person on the range may call CEASE FIRE if an unsafe situation exists or an animal enters the shooting area. Bows must be racked or cased when a cease fire is called;
9. THERE MUST BE NO ARROW IN HAND OR IN TOUCH WITH A BOW UNTIL THE RANGE IS DECLARED HOT!!!
10. Target inspection and arrow collection must occur only at the end of each set. A set consists of a maximum of 5 arrows;
11. Arrows must be inspected after each miss or contact with another arrow in the target;
12. When drawing, keep bow and arrow on the target. Do not draw towards the sky to avoid accidental high release;
13. Knocked arrows must always be pointed downrange;
14. You must shoot at targets in your lane only, and only when your line of fire is clear;
15. Use of crossbows, broadheads, or firearms of any sort is prohibited on the archery range;
16. There is no running on the range;
17. Do not dry fire (i.e., release drawn bow with no arrow) as subsequent potential equipment failure might injure you or other archers;
18. Do not walk behind shooters. Wait until RANGE IS CLEAR is declared to move into position;
19. Shooters under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult member who is responsible for the young shooter’s safety and behaviour;
20. Do not climb on any berm;
21. Keep the range clean and in good order;
22. Put targets in the provided shelter or cover targets with provided covers when leaving the range unless other shooters present on the range request they be left out; and
23. Unsafe conditions, unsafe behaviour, or infringement of the rules must be reported to the SRCC at email@example.com.