Description: This course will allow you to wear and use a holster in the SRCC handgun range. This is NOT a Black Badge course.
The course will cover:
- Safety aspects when using the safe area and on the firing line for uncasing/casing, holstering;
- loading, unloading, grip, stance;
- moving from point A to B with loaded gun.
- Loading on the move (muzzle direction).
- Shooting skill drills.
- For a complete course description CLICK HERE
Registration: 8:30 to 8:45am BE ON TIME!
What to bring: lunch, eye and ear protection, holster with belt, handgun (any caliber), 150 rounds of ammunition, minimum 3 magazines, RPAL. Ensure your holster fits your handgun.
Location: BTSA 50m range. just drive 30m past the gate to SRCC to find the BTSA range.
Holster and Belt Recommendations:
- Blade-tech (kydex) style holster ($80-$90). an additional attachment (Drop Offset) can be purchased to drop the gun lower on the belt.
- Double Alpha ($120). They are adjustable (canting, height, tilting).
- Double belt Velcro system.
- For those who don’t want to spend the extra money, any stiff belt will do. It’s important that the belt doesn’t move when drawing the gun and the gun doesn’t move on the belt.
Where to Buy:
A Zone. call Jim Pshyk at (780) 305-1282
WC Sales. call Walter Hornby at (403) 654-7122
you may also be able to buy certain products locally at Straight Shooters, Calgary Shooting Centre or The Shooting Edge.